Medicinal Plants of East Africa
Imprint: Penguin Random House South Africa
320 Pages, 5.8 x 8.2 in, 600 photos
- November 2022
- Temporarily out of stock. Ships in 8-12 weeks.
Supported by more than 600 photographs, the book:
• describes the characters and ecology of each plant to aid identification
• lists indigenous names of species in 92 languages spoken in the region
• details the medicinal uses of the different plant parts by drawing on traditional knowledge
• includes recipes for the preparation and administration of remedies used to treat common ailments and afflictions
• discusses the active chemical compounds found in each plant to explain and unpack the healing properties at work
Covering Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, this volume is a vital addition to the bookshelves of botanists, health and wellness practitioners, students, travelers, and all who have an interest in the healing properties of plants.